All Students using the Post 9/11 GI Bill, please note:

The VA will pay the $300 Enrollment fee.  To have the fee deferred, please contact the MU Veterans Office ( and self-identify with your name and MU student ID number that you are using the Post 9/11 Bill.  If you do not do this and pay up front, you will be reimbursed but it will take time.

The University of Missouri is among the first universities in the nation to create a full-service office for students and employees who have served in the military. We support students throughout their time at Mizzou, from applying for admission through graduation and commencement.

Before you formally apply for your VA benefits as an incoming student, please contact the MU Veterans Center. We can help you choose the benefits that will best serve your needs. In some cases, for example, if you are prior active duty and are a resident of Missouri, the Post 9/11 GI Bill may not be your best choice. Please call us at 573-884-4383 for more information.

Mizzou makes the process of applying for admission easy. If you have questions, though, please contact us.

Required documents

  • Dependent of a military veteran:
    VA’s Certificate of Eligibility or Transfer of Benefits application (VA22-1990e)
  • National Guard or Reserves member:
    Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) and, if applicable, Kicker contract
  • Former active duty:
  • Missouri resident who has served in combat:
    Please talk with us before applying for the Post 9/11 GI Bill.

Apply now

Military veterans service credit

Military veterans with at least two years of honorable service may be eligible to transfer some military course credit to Mizzou. The coursework must have been approved by the American Council of Education (ACE) and by the appropriate academic departments on campus. Learn more »